History

In the fall of 1936, the Mayer families purchased Farrelly Undertaking Company, and opened for business on November 7, 1936. On January 1, 1938, Mayer Funeral Home moved to its location in the Historic District of downtown Georgetown. R. T. "Bob" Mayer managed the business until his death in 1962. Since 1970, Mr. Mayer's son, Robert T. "Bobby" Mayer, Jr. has managed the firm. The third generation of the Mayer family has recently joined the business.

 

In 1957, Mayer Funeral Home opened a branch chapel in Andrews. The Georgetown and Andrews chapels together allow the funeral home to effectively serve all of Georgetown County, as well as parts of Williamsburg, Charleston, and Horry Counties.

© Mayer Funeral Home and Crematorium | Georgetown & Andrews, SC - Funeral Home Website Design By Frazer Consultants